The iaiaGi Manifesto: iaiaGi is a Makers project that wants to develop an Open Source Platform to Convert internal combustion engine cars (ICE) into Eco-Sustainable Electric vehicles.”
IaiaGi is an innovative project aimed to realize an open and universal development platform for electrical mobility.
The term “open” indicates the chosen development model that is going to make the technical documentation available in Open Source / Open Hardware, through the application of the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike v.4.0 International License and following versions. The open source model allows to convey in the Project all the refinements deriving from a open technology community based on open culture.
The term “development platform” indicates the will to produce and make available not only a finished product but rather a production tool. The project will make available a kit comprising the documentation and the reference hardware enabling various individuals or small firms, having adequate competences, to the conversion of any traditional, endothermic vehicle into an electric traction vehicle or develop a completely new electric vehicle.
The term “universal” indicates the will to makecthe reference kit suitable for the conversion of any endothermic vehicle, without without distinction of brand, model or series. Practically, this feature will allow to install the kit on any vehicle model without the need of deep redesigns.
The project is guided by fundamental values influencing its goals and technical and economic choices. The fundamental values of iaiaGi are respecting and safeguarding the environment, man and the solidarity economy.
iaiaGi wishes to be one of the first examples of technology applied to a new social and economic model respecting the environment that is considered a fundamental resource to be preserved for our successors.
The project tends to consider the human condition and to promote every effort to make its technological content compatible with the human being.
Mutual knowledge and experience exchanges are considered a wealth and are cultivated with the goal of achieving progressive inclusion in the project.
Every effort is made to promote the solidarity economy, bearing in mind the principles of the Bioeconomics di Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen
Project objectives are the direct expression of its founding values.
The production of a car conversion kit at affordable cost has the objective to reduce the electrical transportation cost in generala and to facilitate its diffusion. Such diffusion is considered an important contribution to address the overwhelming problem of global warming caused by the rapid increase in carbon dioxide (CO2) concentration in the Earth’s atmosphere.
The choice to focus on the convertion of used vehicles has the objective to recover a large amount of mechanically efficient vehicles and give them a long life of use in full efficiency and zero emissions. This objective pursues the aim of counteracting the destructive scrapping practice as a mean to support the production and sale of new vehicles, which is considered a non-sustainable development mode due to the environmental impact of the growing mass of vehicles to be disposed of.
The decision to build an opens source platform, hence not only a finished marketable product, pursues two objectives:
promoting a distributed production model, for which production takes place locally and adapts to the real local territory and its residents needs.
recover territory’s professionalism in the automotive sector (mechanical and auto-electrical workshops and similar) , highly impacted by the vehicles’ technological evolution that tends to a strong car support centralization at only support centres controlled by the vehicle producer, resulting in increased environmental impact and energy consumption.
The members of the iaiaGi Project team ultimately aim to create a productive entity not pursuing exclusively profit logic, but integrating into an economy that is solidarity-based and respectful of foundational values, to make possible the objectives described above with the intent to be a real solution to the problems of sustainability.
The achievement of the described objectives has defined the guidelines adopted under the iaiaGi technical and project management choices.
- Converting any vehicle: iaiaGi project shall address the conversion of any used vehicle into electric. In this sense iaiaGi differentiates itself from other similar projects and industrial initiatives limitating the conversion only to a limited set of models, only selected according to the profit expectations. Social and environmental benefits of electrical conversion can be maximized only with the ability to convert any vehicle.
- Kit regulatory approval: Kits designs derived frin the iaiaGi development platforms shall be compliant to the directions expressed by the Italian regulation in the Decreto Legislativo n. 219 – dated December 1st 2015, hence allowing the technical standard regulatory homologation of the kit and its subsequent modifications. This ensures a less expensive homologation process and promotes its accessibility and diffusion.
- Conversion cost target: the project shall develop in a way ensuring, at final regime, that end users can get the conversion of their own vehicles at an average cost of between 8,000 and 9,000 EUR. These prices will be possible by having in place an economy of conversion allowing to reduce material costs through the volume of purchased items.
- Environmental and social impact minimization of development: technical choices shall be defined based on technical optimization and minimization of their encironmental and social cost. An example of this guideline is the choice of the AC triphase motor techlogy over the brushless DC motor. Whereas this choice has caused more complexity of motor control, on the other side it has allowed to avoid contributing at the human cost bound to the to the extraction of rare earths used in permanent magnets within brushless motors.
- Driving experience imprvement: The conversion shall return to the owner a vehicle having equal or better performances of the original used vehicle. Refurbishing the bodywork and the internal funitures shall be part of the conversion package. The converted vehicle shall offer innovative features made available by latest technologies, in particular those enabled by the connection to the Internet, allowing remote interaction and integration into geographically distributed functionalities.
- The Project Team is currently working for the industrialization and production of the kit “Kevin 2.0”, a strongly innovative version of retrofit kit, aimed to be officially approved within one year, generating the specification of 2 patentable inventions (pending to be registered by the competent office).
- In this version, the universal retrofit kit production process is going to be fully defined, in order to be officially approved, commercially produced, set out to the market and supported.
Below, the key data of iaiaGi project
- Founders, Valerio Vannucci and Alberto Trentadue.
- Currently managed by iaiaGi S.R.L. Innovative Startup.
- 5 official Team Members (including the founders), personally involved and actively managing the project.
- 297 newsletter subscribers, weekly informed about the project developments
- 354 Facebook followers.
- 6,000 Web site monthly visits (worldwide).
- Project information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter subscriptions: http://iaiagi.com/newsletter/
- Meetings: http://iaiagi.com/meetings/
- YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUBlSuqyJgZ9fTFXkY-FYCQ
- Reference address:
Via Palmiro Togliatti 17/C
41013 Castelfranco Emilia (MO)
VAT #/Tax Code 03842850368
REA Number: MO – 422512
Share capital 10.000,00 € fully paid
- Creative Commons CC-BY-SA (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/) development license